Here's my stab at it.  Replace all the current text in the docstring ahead
of the binding and API information with the following:

Display image files in a directory tree as a slide show.

This plugin will display all files in a directory tree that have
image extensions.  By default the recognized extensions are
'.jpeg', '.jpg', and '.png'.  Other types of image files can be
displayed as long as the they are types known by the Qt PixMap
class, including '.gif' and '.bmp'. See, for example:

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qpixmap.html#reading-and-writing-image-files

This plugin should be called from a script (or @command or @button node) as
follows:

    from leo.plugins.picture_viewer import Slides
    Slides().run()  # See below for defaults.

*Note*: do not enable this plugin. It will be loaded by the calling script.