On Sun, Jun 25, 2023 at 10:44 PM Thomas Passin <tbp100...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just completed taking the currently-existing unl handling functions
> p.get_UNL(), g.findUNL(), and g.handleUnl() from the core - the ones
> scheduled to go to the attic or be changed - and turned them into
> stand-alone functions in my bookmarks manager.

I hope you won't have to do this. I'm going to restore g.findUNL() and hook
it back into g.handleUnl().

Restoring the old code and the legacy operation should be complete sometime
today. At that point your bookmarks and zettelkasten should work as before
in the  ekr-3181-mypy-links branch. Let me know if they don't.

Actually, bookmarks and zettelkasten should work *better* than before,
provided:

- they use the *new* p.get_UNL() and
- they work with both legacy and new unls, which they should if they use
the new g.handleUnl().

Edward

P.S. Restoring g.findUNL() will also improve the convert-unls command.

EKR