After checking out the branch for this PR:

1. CTRL-clicking on an old-style unl pointing into the same outline
navigates to the right node; for a unl pointing into a different outline it
does not navigate to the right place or even the right outline.

2. Both the bookmark manager and the zettelkasten apps partially work but
not completely.   I will look at using these new "legacy"  methods next.