On Monday, June 26, 2023 at 10:02:40 AM UTC-5 Edward K. Ream wrote:

> I'll add p.get_legacy_UNL and p.get_short_legacy_UNL.
> I'll add expanded searching to g.findUNL, just as in g.findGNX.

Both done.

*Notes*

1. *Warning*: Plugins that call g.findUNL directly must *not *assume that
the returned position is in the same outline! Do something like this:

p = g.findUNL(unlList, c)
# Do not assume that p is in c.
if p:
    c2 = p.v.context
    c2.redraw(p)

2. g.handleUnl contains code similar to that shown above, so the warning
applies only to writers of plugins.

3. g.findUNL no longer does *any* gui-related operations. It was never a
clever idea.

4. No, I won't add a kwarg to g.findUNL that suppress other-outline
searches.

EKR