On Thursday, March 21, 2024 at 8:07:57 PM UTC gates...@gmail.com wrote:

Oh wow, I completely missed the @ignore.

Curious, my machine does focus-to-body (or something similar, at least) on
Ctrl+Right too, but I can't find any reason for that keybinding to be in
place, nor does it show up in my 'show-commands' output either.  Only
appears to work from the tree or log panes -- once in the body,
forward-word happens instead (as intended).

yes, that is the behaviour I see

I somehow doubt Ctrl+RightArrow equals the same keycode as Tab, because
Ctrl+RightArrow acts differently from Tab in the body editor.

agreed

I wonder if this is some default tab-indexing thing in PyQT that we're not
un-setting.  Maybe QT has Ctrl+(arrow keys) as default keybindings to
navigate between widgets?

yes, I am wondering that too

FWIW I realised that 'Ctrl-Next' and 'Ctrl-Prior' refer to what would
describe as "Ctrl-PgUp' and 'Ctrl-PgDn'.

This is all because I am hoping to implement something that *cycles* pane
focus. One keystroke to move from tree->body->(maybe)log->tree-> ...

There are probably some gotchas to this, but I have a fixed pane payout...

Ctrl+LeftArrow in either tree or log panes also seems to set focus to the
body pane too.  When I 'float' the body pane (have it in a separate
window), the behavior stops -- neither Ctrl+Right nor Ctrl+Left do anything
in the tree pane any longer.

Weird!

Jake