I've tried out installing post3 on my fleet of Linux VMs.  It succeeded on
all of them although for some I had to add the pip install option
*--break-system-packages.
*After installation, there was a also new "leo" script that launched Leo.
So it looks like all Edward's hard work has paid off. The install command
was:

python3 -m pip install --user --upgrade leo

Here is the list of distros I tried:

debian 22.04
fedora
manjaro