OK,  so that's why it wouldn't work: I copied it in
C:\leo-editor-master\leo\plugins\
I don't even know the difference betweenl eo-editor-master and  the install
that's in Python site-packages. I'MM A SELF-TAUGHT GUY except for one
semester of BASIC on Apple 2 around 1982, fer chrissakes. But I did surf
the wave all along, and among other things I even learned C in a week and
wrote an online financial datafeed custom on-demand retrieval program for
UBS in the early 90s, in another two weeks, dammit.
Only ever used Github to download useful stuff. I couldn't find how to
download the plugin so I copied the text, and of course the first time it
wasn't fully expanded.
Gonna try what you wrote now.