OK, it *WORKS*.
My correct path was indeed C:\leo-editor-master\leo\plugins\, and I now
remember that what's in
C:\Python311\Lib\site-packages\leo-6.7.7.dist-info\
(NOT \leo) is a bunch of stuff that I guessed was like pointing to the
actual source directory (leo-editor-master). I downloaded the plugin file
following your instructions, and the file had a couple hundred bytes less
than my clumsy cut-and-paste of the code. I should have thought of looking
up the code of leo_to_html.py: I had noticed the difference of menu name
in its doc and could have fixed it, but without a complete, deep,
well-organized documentation, to the non-advanced-IT-professional Leo is
such a black box that the idea didn't cross my mind.

*THANK YOU SO MUCH THOMAS!* I got the job done just as my nightly backups
started, ruthlessly hogging the CPU of the laptop I was using.

By the way, several other plugins don't work anymore. I forgot which ones.

The "outside of the python directory" LEO-EDITOR-MASTER trick is a very
good one. It makes updating both python and Leo sources much easier,
without having to create environments etc. It seems to have disappeared
from the "downloading Leo" webpage, though. There was a "downloading
sources" section, and I always assumed that the other download methods were
providing a kind of half "compiled' Leo, so I never used them. Is that the
case? now the whole sources package can be downloaded from github, I guess.

"Leo is a PIM" is not really true anymore.
Without the whole professional programmer's knowledge of all the
intricacies of  process and online platforms such as github and all the
extra software used to put together and install something like Leo, the guy
like me for whom computers are first and foremost (addictive) tools to
achieve other things, Leo's complexity has evolved so much that it is now
only a great tool for programmers.

I'm planning to go back to OmniOutliner: I'll have my outlines (with
pictures) on my Mac, on my PCs through Teamviewer, and on my iPad and
iPhone without having to convert them to OPML with a script. I won't have
to go through reams of scattershot documentations at every turn of the road.

It was an interesting adventure...

Ciao!