On Monday, May 13, 2024 at 6:33:18 PM UTC-4 chr...@gmail.com wrote:

OK,  so that's why it wouldn't work: I copied it in
C:\leo-editor-master\leo\plugins\
I don't even know the difference betweenl eo-editor-master and  the install
that's in Python site-packages.

I assumed that you were trying to use it with the latest Leo release, the
one you get by installing it with pip. If you have a copy or clone of the
whole Leo repository you have to make sure that Python will use that one
instead.  There are various ways to do that.  At any rate, the command I
gave you earlier will tell you where the thing is actually living.

I'MM A SELF-TAUGHT GUY except for one semester of BASIC on Apple 2 around
1982, fer chrissakes. But I did surf the wave all along, and among other
things I even learned C in a week and wrote an online financial datafeed
custom on-demand retrieval program for UBS in the early 90s, in another two
weeks, dammit.
Only ever used Github to download useful stuff. I couldn't find how to
download the plugin so I copied the text, and of course the first time it
wasn't fully expanded.
Gonna try what you wrote now.