Randy McMurchy wrote:
Jim Gifford wrote these words on 01/04/06 23:53 CST:
Third you will need the udev package that the Cross-LFS team developed.

Again, what is wrong the the released tarballs? Why do we need to
use custom ones?

Jim's message was a little confusing here. The tarball consists of new udev *rules*, not a new udev package.

Thanks for the answers. Perhaps your wisdom here can help us that
really aren't up to speed get a handle on things. I don't really
understand why all this patching needs to go on, but I'm sure
there is a good reason for it.

Upstream is aware of all this brokenness as well?