Jim Gifford wrote:
<snip>
> I get tired of people saying I'm keeping everything secret of what I'm
> doing. I brought what I found to the masses now that it works properly,
> and now I'm getting harassed for it. Do I really deserve this treatment,
> I don't think so. I'm tired of this crap, especially from you Randy
> since your the only one who seems to have the problem with what I'm
> doing and what I have accomplished with Cross-LFS.
>
> I think it may be time to reinstate the lfs-hackers list, this thread is
> a really good example why.

Apologies for the previous email with no text. My hand slipped.

I rarely post on these lists, but I have lurked them since the 3.x days. Back
then device creation was considerably easier. I won't try to read tone into
anyone's email, but I can say that few people posting seem to appreciate the
strides Jim has made towards getting the new udev setup working. One should
always ask questions so that the process can be refined, but this is still very
much in a testing stage. AFAICT, no one is looking to commit this to the book
right now. Jim appears to be calling for testers and in my experience, a
testing setup is rarely pretty or pure. I personally would like to thank Jim
for making the headway he has, and would like to apologise that I don't have a
box I can experiment with right now so that I could help test this new setup.

Having read this list for a long time, I too would like to see lfs-hackers
reinstated where stuff can be thrown about and tested so that it can be refined
before it is brought to this list where the tough questions of getting it in
the right form for the book can be addressed.

My $0.02.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182