Csaba Henk wrote:
> (Cross-posted from lfs-automatic; I suggest to post followups to lfs-devel)
>
> Based on the following conversation on lfs-automatic, I ask your opinion
> about adding commands to LFS and CLFS books' kernel compiling stanza
> which save the kernel tree after the build to /usr/src, similarly to the
> HLFS build process.

I'm not sure I see any advantage to this.  The sources are always
available inside the bz2 file and the config file is saved in /boot. I
don't recall any packages that need it, but if it was necessary, a user
could always unpack the file as necessary.

It would appear to be a case of your distro, your rules.

  -- Bruce