Bryan Kadzban wrote:
On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 03:58:53PM +0000, Csaba Henk wrote:
... adding commands to LFS and CLFS books' kernel compiling stanza
which save the kernel tree after the build to /usr/src

Does that still break cdrtools?  It used to, with an early 2.6 kernel
(2.6.1 maybe?) and possibly-old cdrtools version.  That was the point
where I started putting the kernel source tree in my home directory
instead of /usr/src (and I also removed the /usr/src/linux symlink,
because no well-behaved program should be using it).

Actually if we switch to the CLFS headers these issues become a non issue. As far as cdrtools, we have a patch that takes care of this issue, cdrtools-2.01-kernel_2.6-3.patch.

With the headers we are using in CLFS, we wouldn't need to worry about keeping the kernel sources around.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/cdrtools/cdrtools-2.01-kernel_2.6-3.patch