Hi all,

I'm not certain of something. Do we expect *all users* to perform the
steps shown in the "Bash shell startup files"? I know I don't do them.
I have my own way of setting up /etc/profile, et. all.

And this makes the JDK instructions related to the CLASSPATH broken.
I'm not a big fan of this "pathprepend" and "pathappend" stuff. In
fact, I'd like to remove it in favor of something that isn't BLFS
specific.

I'm wondering if the "Bash Shell Startup Files" shouldn't be listed in
the required dependencies? I don't recall anything in BLFS as being
mandatory, yet the JDK instructions simply *assume* that folks followed
the "Bash Shell" startup stuff.

I'm looking for an answer, as I think we need to add JUnit to the book
as it is now required by Apache Ant. And Apache Ant is now a required
dependency for FOP (Ant is no longer in the FOP source tree). The
Junit install dir and the .jar file need to be in the CLASSPATH and
I'm not sure how to handle this.

--
Randy

13:23:00 up 13 days, 11:22, 1 user, load average: 0.35, 0.22, 0.09