On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 09:40:56PM +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > 1. Make statusproc() return unsuccessfully if the process isn't running
>
> +1

+1 here too.

> > 2. Make statusproc() use pidofproc() instead of the deprecated getpids()
>
> +1

+10 here.  We shouldn't be using deprecated functions at all, if you ask
me.  (Of course no one did, at least not directly.  :-P)

> > 3. Allow the -p pidfile argument to all *proc() functions
>
> +1

Yep, +1 here too.

> > 4. Add the /sbin/service script to allow an agnostic way to query the
> > bootscripts
>
> +0

I don't have any strong feelings either way.  I always thought of the
service program/script as a RH-specific thing, but if one of HAL's
dependencies is using it, then it's probably a bit more widespread.

(And regardless of what I think, if it's a requirement of a package that
we support in BLFS, we should have it somewhere.  Whether that's in LFS
or BLFS could be up for debate.  I'd say it'd be useful to have it in
LFS if we have it at all.)

> 5. Apply the patch from
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2006-October/058454.html -
> also needed for hibernation on the LiveCD when the non-standard
> implementation of the PPPoE network service is used.

Assuming that's still needed, +1.