Hi,

As you know, the new XSL stylesheets are ready for production time waiting the
release of stable DocBook-XSL-1.72.1.

The bad news it that there will be no DocBook-XSL-1.72.1 release, but a new
beta DocBook-XSL-1.73.0 that may contains several bugs due very intrusive
changes on how the package is generated from source code, changes on how
processing instructions are handled, and maybe other changes they are
planning before release.

That lead us to the next choices:

 1. - Wait up to the next *.1 release to start using the new code. That could
meant to wait at least other 3-4 months :-/

 2.- To create our own LFS-XSL-1.0 package based on current new-xsl branch
code and use it as a temporally solution. That implies to add a installation
page for such package in BLFS and to install it on the servers and editor's
machines.

 3.- To clean-up the docbook-xsl-snapshoot branch subdirectory to keep only
that files actualy required to build the books. Then merge the code to the
{,B,C,H}LFS SVN trees. That will made the book's sources full auto-contained.
This will increase maintenance work to keep it sinchronized with upstream
code, but IMHO is the more simple solution and my prefered way.

Options 2 and 3 implies also that the DocBook-XSL page in BLFS could be
updated at least up to 1.71.1

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia
Usuario de LFS nÂș2886:       http://www.linuxfromscratch.org