M.Canales.es wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you know, the new XSL stylesheets are ready for production time waiting
> the
> release of stable DocBook-XSL-1.72.1.
>
> The bad news it that there will be no DocBook-XSL-1.72.1 release, but a new
> beta DocBook-XSL-1.73.0 that may contains several bugs due very intrusive
> changes on how the package is generated from source code, changes on how
> processing instructions are handled, and maybe other changes they are
> planning before release.
>
> That lead us to the next choices:
>
>  1. - Wait up to the next *.1 release to start using the new code. That could
> meant to wait at least other 3-4 months :-/
>
>  2.- To create our own LFS-XSL-1.0 package based on current new-xsl branch
> code and use it as a temporally solution. That implies to add a installation
> page for such package in BLFS and to install it on the servers and editor's
> machines.
>
>  3.- To clean-up the docbook-xsl-snapshoot branch subdirectory to keep only
> that files actualy required to build the books. Then merge the code to the
> {,B,C,H}LFS SVN trees. That will made the book's sources full auto-contained.
> This will increase maintenance work to keep it sinchronized with upstream
> code, but IMHO is the more simple solution and my prefered way.
>
> Options 2 and 3 implies also that the DocBook-XSL page in BLFS could be
> updated at least up to 1.71.1

Manuel,
  I know that you have been working hard on the updates, but options 2
and 3 seem to be even more work.  On top of that, I suspect we will want
to go to the next stable release when it is available, so a lot of the
work done for options 2 and 3 would only be useful for a few months.

Do you have any insight into why there will be no 1.72.1 release?

My initial reaction is that option 1 is best for the overall project.

  -- Bruce