Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> It does seem that there are still locations in /usr showing up in the
> search dirs. They are later in the list, but still, it seems the
> potential is there to pull in unwanted libs from the host.

Actually, they show up on x86 too so they're not the problem. The specific
problem I'm referring to was about GCC adding -L/lib/../lib64 entries when
it shouldn't have... Aha, it's all starting to come back to me now.. the
confusing thing was ../lib64 didn't show up in the -print-search-dirs
output (which BTW, I think is fixed in GCC-4.2 or 4.3) and this made it
hard to figure out the problem. Anyhoo, thanks for the logs but I don't
think they're going to help.. oops. I'll try and come up with a simple
testcase which will hopefully clarify it. Gimme a few days to get my
x86_64 house in order..

Regards
Greg
--