Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> This isn't and should never be a showstopper for LFS. Since its
> inception as a project, the LiveCD always _followed_ LFS releases.
> People who follow development of LFS should be aware that a stable
> LiveCD based on the just-released LFS book will be available in the near
> future.

The problem is that I can only release the minimal CD in the near
future. The full CD is essentially untested, so a long delay is inevitable.

I _will_ put a full CD with the 6.3 book on ums.usu.ru on the same day
as the release or on the next day, depending on availability of the
updated jhalfs - but I won't call this a stable CD.

> If your goal is to avoid requests for support based on using the wrong
> CD or people looking for a CD that doesn't exist, I have a couple of
> suggestions:

Note that a maintained CD essentially doesn't exist. I will not develop
it after the 6.3 release.

> * Request that the LFS release announcement mention that a stable CD
>   will be released shortly.

See above.
> * Recruit more LiveCD developers/maintainers

How do you propose to do this? I cannot recruit even testers. See -
there was only one relevant reply to my request to test the CD on Intel
hardware. The project is dead.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov