From: Alexander E. Patrakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Walter Barnes wrote:
>> Has anyone considered using unionfs to create a fake root?
>Yes. The 6.1 CD was based on unionfs. Unionfs produces kernel oops if
>stress-tested or on SMP. Also, glibc testsuite doesn't pass if /tmp is
>on unionfs. So this package is now blacklisted.

Well that's not good. But thanks for the heads up. I was working on a package
manager based on unionfs; I'll have to go back and rethink whether or not it's
worth the effort. Maybe aufs performs better. As for the glibc issue, I can try
restricting use of unionfs/aufs to 'make install'. It's only really needed for
that anyway.

Thanks,
Walter