TheOldFellow wrote:
> If you use some little odd-ball PM, rather than, say RPM you will end
> up spending more development effort on the PM than on the LiveCD.

I have tried privately (but together with Jeremy) to add RPM to /tools
in LFS and convert all instructions to spec files. Result: I abandoned
the effort because I could not get it right. RPM is indeed suitable for
easy removal of packages, but my copy didn't pass the "all official
features are supported" test. AFAIR, it failed to handle file conflicts
correctly. So, after more than two weeks of fighting with it, I was with
the rpm binary that is only marginally more capable than the
pre-existing (and tried) Slackware scripts.

And BTW, could you please test the 6.3 pre-releases of the CD? 6.2 is dead.

As for installation instructions: the 6.3 CD can be run from an ISO file
without burning it (support for this is built into initramfs, see the
README file on the CD). Maybe this is good enough as a substitute for
full installation onto a partition you only lose the ability for your
changes to survive the reboot).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov