On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 08:45:40PM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:

> Anyway, I killed the build I was working on.  Given the Ken's
> description of current Farce, I'm not sure that both can run on the same
> system and have meaningful results.  I'd really like to do a sanity
> check on the development LFS.  A positive ICA run would do us very well
> to prove that the old build method is at least still working, even
> though it is dated.

 Well, since Greg has said that the 4.3 gcc builds have lost the
randomness he was seeing, maybe farce will again be usable.

 Farce extects you to tar up the system at the end of the build.
I've certainly used it for 3-run testing in the past.

 I don't think I've looked at the details of Greg's ICA since I
wrote farce, so I can't comment on how it works but provided you can
tar everything up at the end of each build, before resuming the next
stage of ICA in jhalfs, you should be able to use the same build.

ĸen