Selon Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> The actual implementation mostly involves preparing to diff/cmp, and
> is probably better explained by the comments in gsbuild. Look at the
> bottom of the functions file for do_ica_prep() and do_ica_work().

http://cvs.diy-linux.org/index.cgi/gsbuild/common-sh.functions?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Thank for the details

Instead to gunzip all .gz files, would it not better to submit patches that add
-n when gzip run so the files in use will really be the same?
I should say I have made some patches like that but have not reported because it
was against old version and not current version of packages.

And how do you handle binary files that include a building timestamp string
(like libc and perl)?
Normally, those packages always differ because of the time string include.
I have made hack patches removing timestamps on libc, perl and a few other
packages.
But I suspect my hack have no chance to be accepted upstream (maybe except the
gzip -n changes).

http://ipcop.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ipcop/ipcop/src/patches/glibc-2.3.3_notimestamp.patch?revision=1.1.2.1&view=markup&pathrev=IPCOP_v1_4_0

http://ipcop.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ipcop/ipcop/src/patches/perl-5.8.5-notimestamp.patch?view=log&pathrev=IPCOP_v1_4_0

Gilles