On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 06:36:07PM +0100, Gilles Espinasse wrote:
> Selon Ken Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> >  Archaic saw unresolved differences for x86 with gcc-4.1.2.
> > Actually, looking at his results (they're at ~/archaic) they look
> > pretty good - blkid.tab.old and locale-archive should probably now
> > be expected to differ, and they were the only differences between
> > his second and third builds.
> >
> locale-archive is a file influenced by gzip -n flag when glibc compress locale
> files.
> When the locales compressed files no more include the timestamp,
> locale-archive
> checksum no more change.
>
> That's what I found recently.
>
> Gilles

 Interesting.  I'm tempted to ask how you discovered this, but since
glibc scares me to death at the best of times, I wont ;-)

 Do you have a way of either altering the build (for testing builds)
to remove the timestamp, or do you have a way of breaking out the
archive contents to compare them ?

 Last time I looked, google knew nothing about it, and 'file' still
thinks it's some sort of PDP-11 thing.

ĸen