Ryan Oliver wrote:

> Don't mix up explanation with example.
>
> This merely re-enforces the point I made above.

What? That you're using sysroot incorrectly?

> FHS standard under the _logical root directory_ is not implied.

Huh? It's written in black and white. You're ignoring reality.

> Exactly as was done for plfs, lfs and DIY.
>
> Hell, you are already hacking *_THE EXACT SAME MACROS_*.

Huh? plfs or lfs has never tinkered with STANDARD_STARTFILE_PREFIX_{1,2}
up until now. I first started using them about a year ago to prevent host
searching. You're making stuff up.

> I am using the sysroot feature for a target system root.

Yes, but for a *non-root* filesystem, in violation of the docs.

> Methinks the difference between
> "l337 super new mega clfs-killing second-coming toolchain build method
> !!!11!!1!"
> and
> "GAH OH NOES gcc source edits, sysroot misuse, FUD FUD unsubstantiated FUD"
> is merely that the author was not Greg Schafer.

Wow, man, you're starting to lose it. Stay focused!

> I put this build together *solely to prove a point*

No, you put this build together solely because someone finally came up
with something better then your beloved CLFS. Face it! You would never
have showed up here to share your knowledge had we not dented your pride.

> Hell, I even "fixed" up your "-B binary search path doesn't use
> multilibs" problem for you.
> I've offered to even "fix" up the "broken gcc -specs switch handling
> "bug"" for you (even easier "fix" than the -B multilib handling).

Ok, now we've heard everything. Ryan has become a GCC developer! Looking
forward to you submitting patches!

> You have had 4 years of clfs to look at

You have had 4 years of clfs to try and get a new build into LFS. You
failed.

> Why the hell should anyone take any credence in what *your opinion*

Well, at least I don't disappear for years on end.

> Hell at the very least use some symlinks such as

Good idea.

> What is this "mainstream build" of which you speak.

Mainstream, as in your typical Joe Sixpack who simply wants to build his
own system ie: typical LFS reader. Not your uber power tech nerd who
enjoys pulling teeth by wanting to bootstrap from Solaris.

> sysroot (which it appears you have never used in anger),

Now you look real stupid. My sysroot testing was done years ago and is
archived at DIY. Where is your IRC "development" archived?

> And you are then saying you are going to try with a NATIVE sysroot build.

Huh? I actually said it likely wasn't viable. Recall?

Anyway, we're now starting to go round in circles. I've made my points.

Regards
Greg
--
http://www.diy-linux.org/