Dan Nicholson wrote:
> How is it hearsay? Plenty of people (Greg, myself, Jeremy, Manuel,
> Matthew, etc.) here have used this analysis to identify issues in the
> build. The current ordering of the packages in LFS was determined
> almost entirely through use of ICA.

Why aren't any of the big distro's doing this type of test. There
distro's had to start from something simliar to what they have.
> I can't really think of any simpler way to determine if the
> bootstrapping technique has problems. The same thing happens during
> the gcc bootstrap process, and I don't see that being called
> meritless. The alternative is just to ignore any potential issues
> until something becomes broken.

I do not disagree with you, but I want to get the facts. Greg is not
impartial, so I have to through his results out. As far as the rest I
trust their feedback, but in order to make it a good test. I have to get
the results myself and validate them. If this is a method we are going
to use to test the purity of a build, we need to have people that just
check that instead of saying it passes. Publish the results good or bad.
Give feedback to those who are designed this *LFS style systems.

Maybe this is something we can fully document and put out to the Linux
Community.