On Sat, Mar 13, at 03:37 stosss wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:13 PM, +Jan <jonathan.oks...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I stopped reading right here.  It is their book.

Absolutely disagree.

This book doesn't belong to none specific. It has been written to show
to the world how to make a usable operating system from plain sources
that are licensed under a liberal license.

So based on that, we (the people that got involved with one way or
another to this project) have a huge responsibility:

 - to provide accurate instructions
 - to provide accurate text that wraps the instructions

Those are two different things.

An editor doesn't mean that is capable to do both, so contributions
should be welcomed, by every people based on their specific domain
of expertise ... and they should be encouraged to contribute.

As for the latter and talking by experience, the LFS surrounding
environment is really too tough for people with weak stomachs.
Sometimes, people here are really crude. If they do this just because
of the responsibility, then it is totally acceptable and welcomed
(although there is always a way to lighten up the expression that is
being used).
But the line is too thin to judge, really, so you just choose to believe
that the people are not fighting who has the bigger d**k and you
continue, or you just walk away. I have the inner feeling that many people
did the latter in the past.

Personally in my life, I religiously follow the dogma that never is too
late to change, but a human being should first accept with gallantry
the facts. Then everything comes naturally.

Regards,
Agathoklis.