On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas
<a.hat...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I stopped reading right here.  It is their book.
>
> Absolutely disagree.
>
> This book doesn't belong to none specific. It has been written to show
> to the world how to make a usable operating system from plain sources
> that are licensed under a liberal license.
>
> So based on that, we (the people that got involved with one way or
> another to this project) have a huge responsibility:
>
>  - to provide accurate instructions
>  - to provide accurate text that wraps the instructions
>
> Those are two different things.
>
> An editor doesn't mean that is capable to do both, so contributions
> should be welcomed, by every people based on their specific domain
> of expertise ... and they should be encouraged to contribute.
>
> As for the latter and talking by experience, the LFS surrounding
> environment is really too tough for people with weak stomachs.
> Sometimes, people here are really crude. If they do this just because
> of the responsibility, then it is totally acceptable and welcomed
> (although there is always a way to lighten up the expression that is
> being used).
> But the line is too thin to judge, really, so you just choose to believe
> that the people are not fighting who has the bigger d**k and you
> continue, or you just walk away. I have the inner feeling that many people
> did the latter in the past.
>
> Personally in my life, I religiously follow the dogma that never is too
> late to change, but a human being should first accept with gallantry
> the facts. Then everything comes naturally.
>
> Regards,
> Agathoklis.

Well said.  I think I agree with you after sleeping on it too.  I just
posted because this debate over a very small potential grammatical
error wasn't really talking about the error anymore.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 3:37 AM, stosss <sto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I rest my case. We now have a live example of what I have been saying.
> Do you even know what you just revealed about yourself to the entire
> world?

That I don't really care about reading a very minor punctuation flaw
in a book?  It at least follows the basic visual rules about vowels
and consonants that are commonly known, that being no vowels beside
vowels between words.  Plus the command su has no formal spoken
method, even though I think the majority of us would think 'es you'.

I was trying to bring the discussion back to this.  Sorry if I
offended you, but I just thought this wasn't going anywhere.  I
finished reading your post and I now understand that you're irritated
because you feel like your opinion is being shrugged off.  Sorry if
you feel that way, I was trying to go back on topic and probably
shouldn't have posted when I was tired.

Jonathan