On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:13:57AM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:

> /var/run will be /run in FHS 3.0, LFS has already moved to the new
> layout, but I'd imagine that the compatibility symlink will be
> required for at least 3 years of not longer, so we could use /var/run
> to be compatible for a while...just trying to future proof and reduce
> cruft as much as possible.

In the LFS world, compatibility has been less of an issue due to the
nature of configuring/compiling everything. We could move lightcube
there. I was hoping to delay that, though, because of other things in
the lightcube tasklist having higher priority, but I understand about
future proofing, so perhaps the scripts defaulting to /run where a
/var/run symlink is known to still work with the scripts would be the
best compromise?

Actually, I was referring to what Bruce said:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2011-May/064678.html

--
Archaic