Ken Moffat wrote:

> 8. The following have gone:
> rule_generator.functions
> write_cd_rules
> write_net_rules

I noticed that too, but they are all ascii.
/lib/udev/rules.d/75-cd-aliases-generator.rules reverences
write_cd_rules, but there seems to be no similar function in -183.

> man8/scsi_id.8

Same for this.  Th sscsi_id program is there though.

> No idea if any of those matter to anyone here.  Brian posted a link
> to Slackware's DESTDIR install in the ticket (i.e. DESTDIR install,
> then move the required items to $PKG), at
> http://connie.slackware.com/~rworkman/standalone-udev-from-systemd/udev.SlackBuild

That's a good start for install, but the build is still a problem.  I'm
trying to come up wit a custom build, but I've just started.  Compiles
should not be a problem, but the link stage may be an issue.  We'll see.

>  For BLFS users who need gudev or any of the other parts that LFS
> can do without, it looks nastier.  Do-able, but finding someone to
> build all the deps and then document how to install the other parts
> (which may, or may not, be present) in a without-systemd environment
> may be difficult.

Systemd builds fine for me in blfs with the proper prerequisite
libraries.  There we just specify the dependencies, but the install will
need to be custom there for gudev if the user doesn't want systemd.

   -- Bruce