On Wednesday 03 October 2012 21:12:06 Armin K. wrote:
> So the answer is, just add pam_systemd to system-session.

I'm afraid this doesn't work. There is still no logind session started when I
run startx.

Running loginctl only lists the console session, but no X11 session. And
authentication as root in KDE doesn't work.

When booting with KDM I get the following  output from loginctl
session.status:

c1 - ragnar (1000)
           Since: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 23:39:21 +0200; 1min 34s ago
          Leader: 1662 (kdm)
            Seat: seat0; vc7
         Display: :0
         Service: kde-np; type x11; class user