On 06/01/10 18:24, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Baho Utot wrote:

>>> Volunteers welcomed.
>>
>> I'll volunteer...I can mess up anything :)
>
> Excellent.
>
>> At this moment I have just about recovered my LFS 6.5/BLFS devel system,
>> from my LFS-6.3 build script screw up which, Ahem over wrote LFS-6.5
>> with the files/package from LFS-6.3.  Care to guess when the host system
>> puked?
>
>> I am going to try it again as I am a gluten for punishment.
>
> Can you please explain a little more.  You are doing to start with a new
> 6.3 LFS system and build LFS-6.6?

I am presently using LFS-6.5 ( The one I just rebuilt  ).
That is my current daily used system.

I am using that to build LFS-6.3 with KDE-3.5.10, sound ( the works ). I
am going to put it on an older laptop when I get it completed.

The system I am using to compile this stuff is an AMD Phenom(tm) II X4
810 Processor that has 8G DDR3 memory. I use that system so I can make
mistakes really fast ;) ie things can go sour quickly and at a high rate
of speed.  You usually don't get a chance to see them let alone try to
stop it.  Once you hit the <ENTER> key its all over.  Not even enough
time to yell out a Oh Shhhiiiii.....

I build the system(s) on a removable SATA 500G drive. Then rsync it to
the resulting victim system.

After I get that completed I am going to try using the LFS-6.3 with
BLFS-6.3-svn to build LFS 6.6. All of this would be using i686.

I can try building LFS-6.6 after I get the LFS-6.3 up and running then I
can to the LFS-6.3 BLFS combo.

I can currently build the LFS-6.3 tools, that part works....
I am looking at why the scripts over wrote the host instead of going to
the chroot.  I think that I was not really in the chroot when I ran the
chapter 06 build script.