On 6/1/10, Baho Utot <baho-u...@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

>> Volunteers welcomed.
>
> I'll volunteer...I can mess up anything :)

> I am going to try it again as I am a gluten for punishment.
>

>From one punishment lubber 't another:
Consider using the HSR that are now in LFS-DEV for your testing.
The reason I say so, is that 6.6 is a done deal and not likely to change.
I started checking for barnicles in linux-2.6.18 before I discoverd
that the HSR accepted the upgrade.

I Built LFS-6-6 up through ch6 Glibc-2.11.1 using jhalfs.
It ended up building ch6 Glibc-2.11.1 without an error.
The host system was a previously built LFS-6.3 system booted with a
custom made linux-2.6.18.8 kernel.
cat /etc/lfs-release
6.3 - jhalfs build
cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.18.8 (r...@lfs) (gcc version 3.3.6) #1

So it wasn't strictly the kernel.
Perhap the host linux-headers-2.6.22.5 were too new to fail.
Or was Gcc the old bilge rat whut deserves the black spot?
Perhaps I missed the boat entirely.
It may be never to be known.
The HSR that are now in LFS-DEV were updated and I wouldn't complain about that.