On 09/01/2012 04:20 PM, Mikie wrote:
> As I stated I have read several articles and I did use Google (and
> yahoo search) to find them.
>
> They talk of a great many things but they all don't answer my
> questions which was:
>
> How does Grub stage one (which I am told exists in the tiny MBR) know
> where to get stage 2 code and config files?
>
> Thanks.

Oh my, this is getting tiresome. Mikie, I pasted your question in both
its forms into Google and in each case the first result has the answer.

You wrote: How does stage one know where to go from there?
I googled: How does grub stage one know where to go from there?

You wrote: How does Grub stage one (which I am told exists in the tiny
MBR) know where to get stage 2 code and config files?
I googled: How does Grub stage one know where to get stage 2 code and
config files?

Quoting you from earlier today, "Was that really so difficult?"

Please stop telling the folks on this list that they are forgetting what
it's like to not be an expert. IMHO they have demonstrated a patience
with you and willingness to help that goes far beyond what I would
expect. It's obvious from your condescending replies to them that you
think you are trying hard enough to deserve help at this level. But from
the get-go, starting with your first post to this list (so long as I've
been subscribed, anyway) on August 14, it's clear that you have failed
to follow the instructions as early as the book's *Preface*.

Bruce et al are trying to wrap up a new LFS release and yet they still
take the time to try to help you. Frankly, I'm surprised.

--Ben