On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Richard Melville <
richard.melvill...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > We won't criticize.  It's your system.  However, LFS is not designed to
>> > run with cygwin.  I would be very suprised if our instructions worked in
>> > that environment.
>> >
>> >    -- Bruce
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> I'm not using cygwin, I'm trying to do system based on msys/mingw64.
>> all I'm having problems with is that it won't find MPFR
>>
>> checking for MPFR... no
>> configure: error: libmpfr not found or uses a different ABI.
>> make[1] *** [configure-mpc] error 1
>> make[1] Leaving `/home/lfs/build.gcc2'
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> This shouldn't be a magical problem relating to what I'm doing I'd think.
>>

> There are some good tips here:-

> Richard

It appears to be looking for 'mpfr.h', which of course has not been built
yet.
http://pastebin.com/UZWSpTci

This bugs me.
I checked the link, and mpfr is never made so there isn't anything in the
build directory, and the path is correct and goes to mpfr 3.0.1 source
code. I tried --with-mpfr-lib  instead of, --with-mpfr-include, which
didn't do anything different; and I'm not sure how to build conftest on its
own either.