On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 02:04:31PM -0500, Alan Feuerbacher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After getting the stock LFS system installed, with an MBR type boot
> installation, I'm experimenting with installing to a UEFI type boot
> location on a brand new hard drive. I've been reading a lot of online
> documentation, and have tried a first-cut installation, but am not
> having success in installing. While I can install the entire set of LFS
> programs, and a lot of BLFS programs, when I try to boot up, Linux fires
> up but quickly generates a fatal error.
>
> Is there any possibility of advice from the LFS staff?

http://www.mail-archive.com/lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org/

 See the posts from Dan McGhee - most recently on 13th November, but
starting on 28th October.  Four threads, titles mentioning GRUB
or EFI.  At the moment they are all on the first page at that link,
at least in firefox.

 Our best advice / guesses is in those threads.  Dan hasn't cracked
it yet, but your hardware might be different.

ĸen