I was slogging through dmesg in my new LFS system and didn't find more
than one CPU loaded.  I have an AMD-10-5745M processor which has a
quad-core.  I tried to reconfigure the kernel to support it but it
wouldn't boot.  Am reverting back to the one I know works. Can anyone
suggest the .config settings to enable this in 3.10.10?

I've also heard that in addition to enhanced Radeon graphics support,
kernel 3.12 has enhanced support for AMD processors, but I can't verify
this.  When I configured 3.10.10, I set GENERIC_x86_64=y and have been
looking for support for this particular processor.  Any other knowledge?

Thanks,
Dan