On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 20:33 -0600, Dan McGhee wrote:
> Mentioning the obvious always helps--the old "forest and trees." In this
> case, however, even with <cat .config | grep X86_64_SMP> that particular
> option doesn't seem to be present. But, I discovered much to my
> embarassment that CONFIG_SMP was not set. Rats.

Yeah, I got burned that way, when I built my first multicore system a
few years ago. You'd think that these days, it'd be a reasonable
default...

> Ken, are K10 and A10 the same?

Nope. K10 refers to a generation of AMD processors from about 3 years
ago (including the Phenom II in my current desktop box). A10 is a
specific model of their current A-series processors. It's possible
they're similar enough that K10 optimisations and stuff will work, but
they might not be too...

Simon.