On 29/06/2016 07:58, thibaut noah wrote:
Hi guys, i managed to get to the end of the lfs build.

The problem i have now is that my /boot is on a separate partition and unfortunatly the book doesn't tell me much for this situation. I don't get what is happening because i managed to install grub successfully on the disk and my fstab and grub.cfg looks ok to me.

I would like to add that i created my lfs on virtualbox, my /dev/sda is my debian host and my /dev/sdb is lfs. I intented to just quit debian after the build and boot directly on the virtual disk where /dev/sdb is (so supposedly it should become /dev/sda? )
Hi Thibaut,

Do I understand correctly that "/dev/sdb" is a virtual disk, and "/dev/sda" a real disk? You cannot boot from a virtual disk, unless you use virtualbox for that. But maybe this is what you mean.

Pierre