On 06/22/2018 07:30 AM, Michael Shell wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 20:44:57 +0200
Frans de Boer <fr...@fransdb.nl> wrote:

Alas, tried everything from the site including the init statement to no
avail. The shell does not start due to an unapropriate ioctl.

According to this:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=179344

You should be able to overcome the inappropriate ioctl warning
simply by hitting enter to get the command prompt back.

Also, try

init=/bin/bash

rather than init=/bin/sh

You can also try/add:

systemd.unit=emergency.target

or

systemd.unit=rescue.target

on the kernel command line. But, try to get

init=/bin/bash

on the kernel command line to work first - that is a last resort failsafe
that should always work. If that won't boot, we can't expect systemd
or anything else to come up.

Remember, once you get a shell, you will have to do a

mount -o remount,rw /

to get the root directory mounted read/write.

   Mike
Same story, nothing happens.
I do notice, however, that on the listing by systemd capabilities the text -ELFUTILS is used. I do compile the elfutils, but somehow systemd does not use them. Is that a likely source of the problem?

Regards,
Frans.