On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 03:16:41PM -0700, JD wrote:
> I have run fbsd kernels that support Large File System  on multiple PC
> platforms with
> cpus from Intel and AMD, without any problems with missing Hardware
> dependencies.
>
> So, my response was to BRUCE who brought up missing driver
> issue to the OP.
> I have never run into any missing driver issues on any of the PC I installed
> the Large File System on them.
>
> So, Bruce has NOT come up with any answer about just exactly which driver
> he assumes is missing.

So, you are now claiming to be talking about the Large File System.
And yet you earlier said 'NO' to the suggestion that is what you
were talkign about.

We have no interest in that (strictly, we expect it to be installed
on the linux machine we use to build linuxfromscratch, and it will
be used in linuxfromscratch as in all other sane modern linuxes -
limiting files to 4GB on modern disks is not a good idea.

We expect people here to build a LINUX kernel (indeed, our methods
are clearly not going to work on FreeBSD), and as part of that you
get the choice, in 'make menuconfig', of which drivers to include.

I'll file your posts under 'troll'.

--
I'm saving up 22 shillings and 10 pence (almost a pound!) per week to
buy an ARM-13.