On 26/09/2019 01:52, geist1...@juno.com wrote:
Hi All;
I have been trying to Compile 32 bit GCC, phase 1, for a few weeks, and I have looked for answers on the internet, and tried everything that I could find that might help me..
Some History and background..
My Host is a Dell Dual Core 3.0 GHZ machine, I am running Linux Mint 18.3, but, before this I tried Linux Mint 17.1 and 17.3.. Earlier versions wouldn't work on the internet.. The error shows -- checking for suffix of object files... configure error in /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-6.20/build/i686-lfs-linux-gnu-libgcc
configure error cannot compute suffix of object files cannot compile ...
in my Log file it shows -- xgcc error unrecognized command line option -V..
... xgcc fatal errorĀ  no input file compilation terminated..
I have been trying to make Linux From Scratch 7.10 pdf..
It Always fails when in the Libgcc section..
The reason for the 32 bit, is that once I get one LFS built (32 bit mode), I want to get it to run on my 586, almost like Kernotex did with His 486 machine, which is what got me back into trying to build LFS again.. I want to run it on my 586.. And Yes, I know how Slow that would be..
THANK YOU Marty

*1 Simple Trick Removes Eye Bags & Lip Lines in Seconds*
besthealthlife.com
<http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5d8c0bd0d42bcbd06854st01duc>http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5d8c0bd0d42bcbd06854st01duc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Hi

Is there a reason to build "Linux From Scratch 7.10 pdf"

Version 9.0 stable is out now, also using a PDF is not good, the html version is the 1 to use

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/