On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 01:02:18PM +0000, geist1...@juno.com wrote:

> Hi All;
> Thank You, Ken and Spiky for Your Responses..
> I have tried lately using LFS 8.4 and it produces the same result..
> As for the 7.10 Pdf file, I have my Terminal on one half of the screen and
> the PDF file for let's say version 7.10 on the other side of the screen and I
> Copy and Paste from one to the other..
> Will a HTML file show up on the screen like my PDF does, so I can copy and
> Paste ??
> Will LFS ver 9.0 produce 32 bit files like the earlier versions, I thought
> that it might only have 64 bit..
> THANK YOU Marty

I didn't notice you had been using 7.10 from about 3 years ago
(trying to read the long single lines from your webmail is hard).
And we've forgotten all the specifics of that old release.

But 8.4 should be new enough for the book's host system requirements
to cover what has been learned from build failures in the past few
releases.

However, I suggest that you look at the config.log files as I
mentioned earlier, and find why the error message was produced.
That will either indicate that your process is wrong (typo
somewhere, or maybe omitted something), or else that something on
the host system is inadequate.

ĸen
--
thread 'main' panicked at 'giraffe',
/tmp/rustc-1.32.0-src/src/test/run-fail/while-panic.rs:17:13