---------- Original Message ----------
From: spiky <spiky0...@gmail.com>
To: lfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: [lfs-support] Gcc Compiling Problem in 32 bit
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 15:37:07 +0100

On 26/09/2019 01:52, geist1...@juno.com wrote:Hi All;Â I have been trying to
Compile 32 bit GCC, phase 1, for a few weeks, and I have looked for answers on
the internet, and tried everything that I could find that might help me..Some
History and background..My Host is a Dell Dual Core 3.0 GHZ machine, I am
running Linux Mint 18.3, but, before this I tried Linux Mint 17.1 and 17.3..
Earlier versions wouldn't work on the internet..The error shows -- checking for
suffix of object files... configure error in
/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-6.20/build/i686-lfs-linux-gnu-libgccconfigure error cannot
compute suffix of object files cannot compile ...in my Log file it shows --
xgcc error unrecognized command line option -V..... xgcc fatal error  no input
file compilation terminated..I have been trying to make Linux From Scratch 7.10
pdf..It Always fails when in the Libgcc section.. The reason for the 32 bit,
is that once I get one LFS built (32 bit mode), I want to get it to run on my
586, almost like Kernotex did with His 486 machine, which is what got me back
into trying to build LFS again.. I want to run it on my 586.. And Yes, I know
how Slow that would be..THANK YOU MartyAlso dose the version check script pass?

Hi All;

Spiky, Yes it Passes the Version Check..

Also, just before I had to leave this morning, found out how to do a dependency
check, which I will do after I take my Dog for His walk..
I will let You know how it affects what the final results are on the build..
THANK YOU Marty