---------- Original Message ----------
From: Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com>
To: LFS Support List <lfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
Subject: Re: [lfs-support] Gcc Compiling Problem in 32 bit
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 23:44:51 +0100

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 09:53:09PM +0000, geist1...@juno.com wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 12:20:27PM +0000, geist1...@juno.com wrote:
> >
> > Do You know How or if there is a way to find what Version of Foxfire I have
> > in like my Linux Mint 17.1 I can then download that , hopefully from source
> > and build it to a earlier version of Linux Mint that will boot on the 586..
> >

> 'firefox --version' : For recent versions, you have to run that
> command as a regular user.
>
> The other problem with building firefox as 32-bit is that you may
> run out of virtual memory when linking it.
>
> Ã&bdquo;¸en
> --
>
> Hi All;
> Ken, I tried it in terminal mode and it said "foxfire: command not found"..

Either you cannot type, which is fair enough (I too mistype a lot),
or you are not running that browser.  If you are running it on mint,
and have a menu (that became optional in the preferences at some
point, and off by default) you might also try
 Help -> About firefox

Hint: I'm not aware of a browser called foxfire.

ĸen
--
Hi Ken;

I found what I was looking for, I am not sure "how" but, I found that Linux
Mint 18.3 is using Foxfire 69.0.1..

I have downloaded foxfire 11,21,31,41,51 and 69 source files..
I am also going to finish uploading Linux Mint to see the range of what will
Load on the 586, so far 3.1, 5.0 and 7.0 Load and 17.1 doesn't load, so while I
am at it I will find out what version of foxfire it is using.. And put it into
a list, along with the other information and see if that helps..
THANK YOU Marty

Paul, You mentioned about foxfire 2.0.0.16 which I have downloaded, but the
impression I got from your posting, was that it wouldn't work to gain access of
the Internet, So, I don't see any reason to compile that, OR did I mis-read
Your Post ??
THANK YOU Marty

thread 'main' panicked at 'giraffe',
/tmp/rustc-1.32.0-src/src/test/run-fail/while-panic.rs:17:13

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.