On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Vladimir Pantelic <vlado...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Luca Barbato wrote:
>> So shall we support both?
>
> both what? For now what we have is support for a dsp framework
> using TI's "dspbridge" which is also the name used in the kernel.

tidspbridge is not TI's, it's ours (the FOSS community), it has 'ti'
in it because it's for TI-specific hardware.

> So all we are asking is to call it "tidspbridge" or "dspbridge"
> in libav because there is another framework still in use called
> dsplink *and* there are DSPs in future TI chips that will use
> whatever frameworks and that we can then name "tidspwhatever"

In the future TI would be using remoteproc; there's nothing else.
remoteproc is not specific to TI, nor DSP's, yet, it would work with
TI's DSPs. Problem solved.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras