Dear Libtech:

I am not sure if the first email was sent or not, and I am sure it was
sent, this was not the first time that sending an email from China was not
sent.  I am currently living in China, and just recently VPN is now
illegal, if you do not register to they minister of security.  This means
that they will check all VPN from journalist and businessmen and companies
in China as well as private foreigners working in China.  The Chinese
authorizes know that money is the key and without foreign capital their
economic will not grow, so the question for them is how to keep the
Internet more closed in PRC while getting foreign money.  One possible way
is to create two class of Internet users, corporate users and private
citizen users, where the corporate users they will not stop but the private
user will.  Most of the discussion ion the Libtech forum, if I may states,
forgot one important thing, China imports its tech to other countries that
censor their citizen by using Chinese censorship software and their
infamous Great Firewall. So, why is there no discussion, of am aware of,
discussing how to bypass their firewall, learning how to out smart them
since it is a cat and mouse game.  This is the 21 century version of the
Berlin Wall of the Cold War. Many Chinese are brainwashed and not aware of
what is outside of China and form dangerous ideas due to lack of
information.  Not only does this wall give disinformation to its citizens,
it also stop commerce, and free academic ideas, as well as basic human
communication.  We all talk about the middle east and small countries that
have censorship and abuse the free and human rights towards their citizens,
but 22 percent of the world population lives in Mainland China.  The
Chinese authorizes have now a way to check and disrupt VPN users and can
know who has it.  I have been one of many foreigners that have been
harassed and checked via the Internet and I have a VPN and many business
are planning to leave China or not register their VPN.  This problem can
affect the world economic as well as stop the basic free human rights of 22
percent of world.  I know I may sound dramatic, but if you put all
emotional reaction aside, this additional problem that the Chinese have
place on their Great Firewall is a greater problem to the cause of this
forum and tech was created in the first place, to give freedom online.
 Thank you for your help in this issue.

pacificboy