> > What are the steps for sending Bob a message using Cables?
> >
> > This isn't rhetorical, I'd actually like to know what the steps are.
>
> Roughly I think this is correct:
>
> 0. Download https://www.dee.su/liberte
> 1. Boot any modern computer with the usb disk inserted
> 2. launch Claws email client
> 3) write message to bob's cable address and press send
>
> If you have a supported platform, you can skip 0-2 and replace it with
> 'install cables' - as one might install a modern browser.

I do not think that installing a modern browser entails building it from
source for most people.

> If you're going to say that using Gmail easily happens in any browser on
> any OS, I guess I'd tend to disagree.
>
> If we add "securely" into the picture, I guess I'd just laugh and laugh
> and laugh. Sadly. It is really a bummer that PRISM exists and that
> Google appears to be under the boot of that system. Though accessing
> Gmail with Chrome is clearly better than any other choice!

Unfortunately, the question wasn't how to communicate _securely_, but how to
communicate _at all_, which is what most people aim to do in the first place.
Please do not pretend that <hash>@<hash>.onion is as easy to remember as
j...@cervant.es or something similar, or that installing dependencies and
building from source is similar to a one-click installer.

Best

/P