Barr/Root will achieve utterly nothing, now or for LP in 2012.  What has been
seeded is the resurgence of a principled third party as the real core stampedes
away.   Barr will stampede back to being a closet  fascist the moment the
election closes.  He will mumble something about need to work in the "loyal
opposition" of the Republicans against the DemObama victory and how progress is
realistic only in the two-party system.  What will be interesting to see is the
payola... what will the Establishment throw him for throwing the election to
the Dems as I predict he will.

But back to the arguments at hand:

You wouldn't trust an alcoholic with alcohol, a murderer with a gun, a rapist
alone with a woman, but I'm supposed to trust an avowed interventionist that
wants to extend our involvement in South America as part of his "reformed drug
war" thinking -- I'm supposed to trust that a career politician had an epiphany
AFTER he fucked us over not once but at least 3 times and more if you count
minor legislation.  You got to be kidding me.

This is not like changing your mind over whether or not you like sunny-side up
eggs instead of over-easy.  Barr is simply NOT credible in his change of heart.
 Had he resigned, tearfully, in extreme regret over pushing fascism over his
fellow Citizens, it might be believable.  Instead, he made a big fuss about
supporting measures that COULD NEVER PASS, while voting consistently for the
big ticket fascist items.  Now -- that's poker face!

I've noticed BWS (or is it just BS) that you STILL have not answered the
arguments.  Do you deny that Barr is a criminal by his very vote actions?  Or
should his milktoast, too little-too late support of the MMP AFTER he fucked
over DC be counted as more important than the fact he was responsible for the
disaster in the first place?  Would you still not execute a murderer even tho
he "regretted his actions"?  Why exactly, should I not hold Barr to the same
standard?  All because he is a little popular...?

Would you trust a doctor to set the leg if he was the one who broke it?  Or
maybe even simpler -- If a girl told you she broke a date because a 747 landed
in her bathtub -- would you believe her?

And I'm being gentle.  Just wait until the real heavies weigh in out there and
crush Barr into the ground over his all-too-real hypocrisy.

The LP has been bamboozled by a master criminal politician and you deserve
everything that follows.  And I for one won't forget and neither will many
others.