>Look, I'm not as familiar with Barr's record as some of you are, but I
>have a question: Does somebody have to _always, from the beginning_
>been a libertarian before he or she is pure enough? Isn't it possible
>for people to "learn better?"

I did.  Granted I was not in congress.  But at one time I was much the
conservative.  Until I began to realize that no ones rights outweighed anyone
elses rights.  And that rights were an individual thing.  And it took over 15
years to discover Rand from that point and 3 more from there to discover the
LP.  It is a long process for some of us.

BWS